Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Know!



...I know! I'm terrible at this blogging business. But I am trying to organize and straighten up my life so I hope to be better at this. (Thank you Chelsea for never letting it go too long without reminding me that I haven't updated my blog). So let's see. What has happened in 6 months....I'll try to keep it short.

1) After a little rough spot for us Mark found a job at Teleperformance doing tech support. 5 weeks of training 3pm-Midnight and after that 1:30pm-10pm. He loves sleeping in everyday and dreads his weekends at Camp Williams but with his schedule and mine all we basically do is sleep in the same bed. Saturdays are usually our play day and we love being lazy on that day!

2) Cooking...I was NOT born to cook. And with Mark gone every night I can't even really practice. Occasionally I'll stay up late and make dinner but I wake up so early I often go to bed right after he gets home. Here are a couple pictures of me attempting a thing or two that were hard for me. Mark said they were great!...but Mark is too nice to say anything different. If you want a good meal...ask Mark, he's the master cook in this house.


3) Marks bday! Mark turned 21! Just like I told you I can't cook.....I can't bake either. The only difference is, I want to! I have this secret dream of cake making and decorating! So this is my first attempt. Poor Mark, I'm sure he's tired of all this.


This is another attempt. I loved the way it turned out! It looked great....but I had a few kind taste testers and they told me it needed some help in that area. After spending several hours making this cake without a very good result...I've post-poned my dream once again.




4) Lane Graduated from boot camp! We loved to go down to California and relive the event with Mark by my side this time. We were all so proud of Lane and were happy to have him and his lovely sense of humor back for a little while. After 10 days back home he left for SOI and has four weeks to go. Congrats Lane! We love you!



5) Babies galore! No I'm not pregnant but I'm feeling a little left out. All my married siblings will have had a baby within a year of each other. Marissa and Colin had Cooper Colin on Jan. 6th. Cami and Hans had Anna Camille on Feb 5th. Megan and Reed are due in August and Leanne and Spencer and due in October. I love all the babies and can't get enough of them. So by the end of the year that'll make 10! Here are the cute babies so far!

COOPER COLIN SCHMUTZ
8 LBS 1 OZ
20 1/2 INCHES

ANNA CAMILLE BOSHARD
6 LBS 13 OZ
19 1/2 INCHES





6) And you can never forget....getting in shape. Since getting engaged I've gained 25 lbs. I know, not surprising but I'm trying very hard to work it off...especially recently. Mark and I are running with my dad and some of my siblings in the red rock relay. Totally not something that I would do. But I'm determined! I wake up at 5:15am to go to the gym for an hour before having to come home and get ready for work. I got an app that tells you what to do to lose a certain amount of weight by a specific time. It makes you record everything you eat and it says that I cannot eat more than 1200 calories a day and have to exercise at least 5 days a week. Here's one of the healthy meals I made. It's in a measuring cup because I could only have 2 cups.


So there's a quick update! Work work work is all we do these days but we love each other and are happy for the most part and that's all that matters!
(Totally a Mark pose, totally a me face)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for blogs being updated! I love that Chelsea reminds you to update even though she had four months between her last two blog posts (and it's been almost two months since her last).

    But anyways, I love it all and have comments on all but I'll condense it to the one about Mark's birthday cake which looks great! You did a really good job decorating!I hope I can do that good of a job on Jed's cake in April...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those cakes are awesome! This inspires me to bake more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny, i kinda always took you as the cooking, homemaking type ;) ha ha

    ReplyDelete